Saturday, December 4, 2010

Poisoned dog in Panajachel.

Yesterday afternoon we saw this poor, young dog struggling to get up out of the drainage ditch, it was frothing at the mouth.
We immediately assumed that the dog had been poisoned.
Quickly, we picked it up and put it in the back of the pick up, getting to the vet's in just a few minutes.
The vet immediately started pumping out the dog's stomach.......and by late yesterday afternoon the dog was beginning to recover.
We don't know if it will totally recover or whether it will continue with the spasms and therefore have to be put down.

This is the second poisoning in a few days. One of our own dogs got out of the yard and was poisoned. Unfortunately, we did not find her in time and she died.

It is a horrible, long , painful death.

This is one of the reasons that we do the spay and neuter clinics so that less dogs and cats will have to suffer terrible fates like this.

Posted by Picasa